Members of Girlguiding IW attended the recent Volunteer Fair at Ventnor Botanic Garden.
Organised by the local Volunteer Centre the event was attended by over 30 charities which are looking for new volunteers to help their oganisations.
There was a good deal of interest in the Girlguiding IW stand and there was also the chance for those attending to network with members of other organisations.
The Volunteer Centre can provide guidance on issues and questions around various aspects of Volunteer Management including:
- Developing new volunteer roles and writing role descriptions
- Advice on risk assessments and DBS checking
- Reimbursing expenses
- Supervision of volunteers
- Writing a Volunteer Policy
- Volunteer agreements
- Involving young volunteers