Several members of Girlguiding IW will,once again, join thousands of people who will come together to Walk the Wight with Mountbatten on Sunday 13 May. Organisers are urging all Islanders to get involved – whether walking on the day or by supporting those who are.
This iconic event, the largest fundraiser on the Island, helps ensure Islanders and their families get the very best care when facing death, dying and bereavement. Every year, Mountbatten must raise over £7m to provide its services for free to those they currently support. But there are still thousands of Islanders living with life threatening illnesses who only get access to Mountbatten’s services right at the end of their lives. By taking part in Walk the Wight, you can help ensure more people are supported sooner and at the time that they need Mountbatten most.
There is still time for people to Walk the Wight with Mountbatten by:
- Sign up online at www.mountbatten.org.uk for a £15 Walker Number only ticket (collect Walker Number at start lines)
- Sign up in Mountbatten Newport, Lugley Street, for a Walker Pack (not available after 4pm on Friday 11th May 2018)
- Sign up on the day (limited availability) at any start point for a suggested donation of £20 per adult, £10 per child or for groups of three or more £10 per adult and £5 per child
- Visit www.mountbatten.org.uk for more details
Even if people can’t walk, they are urged to support those who are. They can:
- Sponsor someone they know taking part
- Make a donation via JustGiving.com (search for Earl Mountbatten Hospice’s Walk the Wight 2018)